A deliciously moist and rich chocolate cake – perfect way to use up the leftover buttermilk from our Thanksgiving buttermilk honey corn muffins.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups good cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
Sift together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Beat wet ingredients together (except for coffee), then slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet mixture. Add coffee to mixture using beater at low speed. Pour batter into bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes one chocolate bundt cake!