Here is my own version of chicken marsala, adapted from various versions that I found online. It’s simple, quick, and makes enough food to feed me for at least 3 meals!
- 1 to 1.5 c. Cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. Marsala wine
- 1/4 c. Chicken stock, warmed.
- Olive Oil
- Corn starch
- salt, pepper
- 4 pieces of chicken breast (each about the size of a deck of cards)
- 1-2 cups cooked pasta (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in flour.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp. butter + 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan until butter is melted. Swirl to coat pan.
- Add chicken to pan, brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add garlic and shallot to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, mix well.
- Add marsala wine and chicken back to pan.
- Mix 1 tbsp. corn starch with chicken stock. Add to pan.
- Cover, and cook until chicken is done (about 20 mins.). If desired, add pasta to pan about 5-6 minutes before everything is finished cooking.